Publications, Lectures and Courses
Now Available on Amazon: Dean Lazar's Golden Guide: Pragmatic Career Advice for Smart Young People. Coming February 2018: Chinese/English version
CAREER SERVICES TEAM SUPPORT
* I can work with your students one-on-one or in classroom settings to enhance their personal career development strategies,
* I am happy to work with Career Services Staff Teams to develop innovative engagement programming, and
* I can offer clear, supportive and useful operations reviews to help Staff Teams get the most out of their time, their energy and their resources.
LAW AND POLICY COURSES
I have developed and delivered the graduate courses listed below, and welcome your requests for these or other customized courses and lectures:
- Law and Veterans’ Issues:
- University of Chicago Harris School of Public Policy, Winter 2013.
- Introduction to the American Legal System and American Legal Terminology
- The 21st Century Institute, 2014
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, 2001-2010
- Full Semester (Chicago)
- 2 Week Intensives (China: Shenzhen, Beijing) and Bangkok, Thailand
- University of Trento, Italy, (3 weeks) 2004
- Love Our Constitution
- The Promise and Challenge of an Independent Judiciary (2017)
- Making a Difference as an Individual
- offered from 2012-2015 at the following universities in China:
- Wuhan University of Technology (2015)
- Beijing University of Posts and Telegraphs; Tongji University, Hunan Women's University, Communications University (2014)
- Renmin University; China University of Political Science and Law, (2013)
- Selected topics in Law
- offered 2007-2009 in law schools
- 2009: Delhi, Mumbai, and Pune, India
- 2008: Argentina, Colombia, and Brazil
- 2007: Argentina and Brazil
- U.S.-Thailand Free Trade Agreement – Investment Chapter Issues. Panel Participant, Thammasat University, Bangkok, Thailand
- Crisis in Darfur, Sudan: Panel Participant, Dartmouth Lawyers’ Association, Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire
- LLM and Exchange Programs: Lessons Learned, Challenges Ahead. Address to the AALS Law School Deans’ Conference, Beijing, China
- Now and Then: Constraints on Civil Liberties in the United States. Augsburg, Cologne, and Dusseldorf Law Faculties (Germany) and the University of Metz (France)
- Judicial Review: New Scholarship. Talk for Magistrates in Trento, Italy
- Investor-Sovereign Dispute Resolution in the Global Trading System. Talk for PhD Students at University of Trento, Italy
- Investor- Sovereign Dispute Resolution Language: Corporate Windfall or Free Trade Necessity? Faculty Talk at City University of Hong Kong
Century of the City?
By Lydia Lazar | December 9, 2013
Will Technology Save or Sink Higher Ed?
By Lydia Lazar | November 26, 2013
Will Private Equity Save Higher Ed?
By Lydia Lazar | November 11, 2013
Meeting the Global Demand for Higher Ed
By Lydia Lazar | November 5, 2013
Babel in Bangkok,
Illinois State Bar Association Newsletter (Spring 2007)
Stop the Genocide in Darfur: Bribe the Chinese!
Illinois State Bar Association Newsletter (Winter 2006)
NAFTA: Structural Damage to the Ship of State?
2001 Employment Law Update, edited by Henry H. Perritt, Jr.
NAFTA Dispute Resolution: Secret Corporate Weapon?
Journal of Global Financial Markets, (Winter 2000).