Publications, Lectures and Courses
Over the course of my career, I have published on a wide variety of issues, taught law and policy courses to US and foreign attorneys and delivered public lectures across the world. I am excited to be returning my focus to regenerative agriculture and to devoting my time to supporting efforts to nurture a more ecologically sustainable society.
Soil Health is National Security
By Lydia Lazar | October, 2021
Fairly Recent Publications
Dean Lazar's Golden Guide: Pragmatic Career Advice for Everyone 2020 edition
Century of the City?
By Lydia Lazar | December 9, 2013
Will Technology Save or Sink Higher Ed?
By Lydia Lazar | November 26, 2013
Will Private Equity Save Higher Ed?
By Lydia Lazar | November 11, 2013
Meeting the Global Demand for Higher Ed
By Lydia Lazar | November 5, 2013
Babel in Bangkok,
Illinois State Bar Association Newsletter (Spring 2007)
Stop the Genocide in Darfur: Bribe the Chinese!
Illinois State Bar Association Newsletter (Winter 2006)
NAFTA: Structural Damage to the Ship of State?
2001 Employment Law Update, edited by Henry H. Perritt, Jr.
NAFTA Dispute Resolution: Secret Corporate Weapon?
Journal of Global Financial Markets, (Winter 2000).
Even Earlier Publications (as Lydia Herman)
Cogeneration in the Nonprofit Sector, NOPEC NETWORK (Spring 1986)
New York State's Bottle Bill:The Experience After Two Years, Nuova Ecologia v.8, No.23 (February 1986, Rome, Italy)
Hunger in New York, Scienza ed Experienza v.2, No.6 (September 1983, Milan, Italy)
Mexico City:1983. Final Report of Investigative Team, with David Wilk, Urban Resource Systems (1983)
The New York Metropolitan Area Produce Market: A New Opportunity to Preserve Long Island Farmland, with Richard Carlson, T. Goldfarb and B. Commoner. Final Report to the J.M. Kaplan Fund. CBNS Publication (1982)
2018 -2020 Golden Guide Presentations
- Job Hunting During the Pandemic
- Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico April 2020
- Networking Like a Pro
- Career THINKING 101
- American Marketing Assn Collegiate Conference April 2019
- Storytelling and Networking
- Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT) Career Day May 2018
- Networking Like a Pro
- Women of Dartmouth INSPIRE Workshop April 2018
- Introduction to Career Thinking For Undergraduates
- DePaul University February 2018
- Trends in Digital Education
- Police Administration in the Digital Age. Bangkok, Thailand (March 2019)
- Love Our Constitution
- The Promise and Challenge of an Independent Judiciary (2017)
- Making a Difference as an Individual
- offered from 2012-2015 at the following universities in China:
- Wuhan University of Technology (2015)
- Beijing University of Posts and Telegraphs; Tongji University, Hunan Women's University, Communications University (2014)
- Renmin University; China University of Political Science and Law, (2013)
- Selected topics in Law
- offered 2007-2009 in law schools
- 2009: Delhi, Mumbai, and Pune, India
- 2008: Argentina, Colombia, and Brazil
- 2007: Argentina and Brazil
- U.S.-Thailand Free Trade Agreement – Investment Chapter Issues. Panel Participant, Thammasat University, Bangkok, Thailand
- Crisis in Darfur, Sudan: Panel Participant, Dartmouth Lawyers’ Association, Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire
- LLM and Exchange Programs: Lessons Learned, Challenges Ahead. Address to the AALS Law School Deans’ Conference, Beijing, China
- Now and Then: Constraints on Civil Liberties in the United States. Augsburg, Cologne, and Dusseldorf Law Faculties (Germany) and the University of Metz (France)
- Judicial Review: New Scholarship. Talk for Magistrates in Trento, Italy
- Investor-Sovereign Dispute Resolution in the Global Trading System. Talk for PhD Students at University of Trento, Italy
- Investor- Sovereign Dispute Resolution Language: Corporate Windfall or Free Trade Necessity? Faculty Talk at City University of Hong Kong
Law and Policy Courses
- Law and Veterans’ Issues:
- University of Chicago Harris School of Public Policy, Winter 2013.
- Introduction to the American Legal System and American Legal Terminology
- The 21st Century Institute, 2014
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, 2001-2010
- Full Semester (Chicago)
- 2 Week Intensives in China (Shenzhen, Beijing) and in Bangkok, Thailand
- University of Trento, Italy, (3 weeks) 2004